Do your board members have your mission statement memorized? Does anyone?
Do you struggle to measure your impact in the community?
Are you trying to get a grant but can’t compete…or qualify?
Do your staff members go with the flow but never really commit?
Do you need a strategic plan but don’t know where to start, or do you have one…somewhere?
Does your board need a refresh on what they really signed up for, or does your staff need to have a difficult conversation?
Your organization is not alone.
We help organizations be more attractive to foundations and donors by strengthening their boards, staff, communication and strategic planning. Here are the main ways we help:
- Offer two-part board trainings to get your board on the same page for their roles and responsibilities
- Board Assessment Objectively assess your board’s health with our copyrighted board assessment tool and list concrete steps for improvement in each area (presented as a dashboard for tracking improvement in years to come)
- Board Survey Survey board and present results anonymously for honest board self-evaluation
- Facilitate groups through “roadblock” conversations
- Provide DISC personality assessments to teams and use results to increase healthy communication
- Create Strategic Plans through collaborative ED and Board process
- Help groups collaboratively update mission statements to make them stickier and more inspiring
- Build logic models designed to help you track your impact in the community
Why consulting? Consulting brings an objective, outside viewpoint to your nonprofit. We help define where you want to be in five years, because we know the day-to-day tasks can keep you solely focused on five o’clock. We can be a fresh perspective for your issue and an outsider to help moderate all voices at the table.